How It Works – Bringing Buyers and Sellers Together
It’s a simple concept really – we offer a safe place marketplace for private party sellers and buyers to meet and negotiate their transaction. Here at OPS, private individuals have a safe, neutral and high traffic location to display their vehicles – no more strangers coming to your house!
Whether a seller gets a head start displaying their vehicle on our website by creating an account and uploading their own vehicle photos and description or they come by our lot and start the process here, we help sellers make more money versus trading in their vehicle at a dealership.
The Seller keeps all the money and the Buyer pays
NO SALES TAX!!
YOU JUST CUT OUT THE MIDDLEMAN….
It’s a WIN – WIN!!
The Selling Process
o Bring your vehicle to the lot (we offer towing services if you need help getting your vehicle here)
o We can help you competitively price your vehicle
o We can help you stage your vehicle
o Complete the Account Form
o Rent your display space
While your vehicle is being displayed
o We spray the exterior of your vehicle weekly
o We show your vehicle interior if requested by a potential buyer
o We direct potential buyers to your contact information
o Field calls and negotiate a deal
You Close the Deal
o Meet with buyers under video surveillance in one of our comfortable offices
o Close the deal for top dollar and exchange vehicle payment for vehicle ownership paperwork
It’s a simple concept really – we offer a safe place marketplace for private party sellers and buyers to meet and negotiate their transaction. Here at OPS, private individuals have a safe, neutral and convenient location to display and view vehicles – no more going to a stranger’s house to look at a vehicle!
Whether you look at the vehicle listings on our website or want to come to our lot, you are bound to find some unique deals at Other Peoples Stuff. Our sellers are motivated and we educate and encourage them to price their vehicles competitively to make the negotiation process as smooth as possible.
What’s best, is that there are no fees, extra costs or taxes to be paid by either party, so both sides reap the benefits of buying and selling private party.
The Seller gets a fair price and the Buyer pays NO SALES TAX!!
YOU JUST CUT OUT THE MIDDLEMAN…. It’s a WIN – WIN!!
Helpful Hints for Buyer
Research: Be a Savvy Buyer
- Check online for the real market value of the vehicle you are interested in on www.kbb.com or www.nada.com
- Reach out to the seller to determine a time to meet in one of OPS’s safe and monitored offices, talk and take a test drive together
During and after your new vehicle purchase
- Remember there is no sales tax due on your purchase because your transaction is between private individuals
- The buying and selling exchange is fairly simple – you pay the seller, he or she gives you the keys and a signed, notarized title transferring the ownership of the vehicle. We recommend both parties complete a “Bill of Sale” which is available on the Resources page, and exchange contact information in case there are any issues in the future.
- Apply for a title within 15 days of purchase and take the application to an MVD office or authorized third party provider.
- What is the lot display price for my particular vehicle?
- The lot price of your vehicle will depend on the type of stuff you want to sell and how long and how much space it takes to display. The basic pricing is as followed:
- Vehicles –
- RV’s / Boats /
o Auto’s, Trucks, SUV’s and Vans –
o RV’s –
o Motorcycles –
o Big Truck and Heavy Equipment –
o Watercraft –
- What additional services are available to me through OPS?
- Why is it a good decision to rent display space at OPS?
- Enjoy the peace of mind knowing your vehicle gets the security and exposure of a dealership lot without pesky salespeople putting your buyers under undue pressure as they browse. And, because you’re not trading in your vehicle at the dealership, you will get top dollar for your it while negotiating the sale in a neutral and secure office setting – no more meeting total strangers at your house!
- What is the check in procedure to park my car at OPS?
- There are two options for acquiring a display spot at OPS:
- Online – get a head start on displaying your vehicle online by following the step by step process of registering on our website. Pick your display spot, add any additional services to improve your vehicle’s exposure, upload photos, add vehicle description and make your payment with a few clicks of your keyboard. Bring over and park your vehicle when it’s convenient for you.
- On the lot – come to the office and use our customer computer to create an account and start the registration process. Our friendly staff can guide you through it if you have any questions.
- What if I need to sell my vehicle immediately, how can OPS help?
- We can recommend some options to help you sell your vehicle quickly if you are in a pinch.
- What paperwork do I need to conduct the sale?
- MVD seller and buyer documents are available for printing on our Bill of Sale link and the printed paperwork is also available in our office lobby.
Links to Sellers Resources:
- Who do I contact when I find a vehicle that I’m interested in?
o These vehicles are For Sale By Owner, so please call, text or email the contact information shown on the vehicle listing online or the printed listing attached to the vehicle.
- When can I get a test ride?
o Because the vehicle is For Sale By Owner, you and the seller will coordinate a time that works for both of you to meet on our lot, under video surveillance. Our friendly staff can suggest some convenient routes around the property if you need some recommendations.
- Are the vehicles inspected?
o We do not inspect the vehicles, we simply display them. We suggest you reach out to the seller for more information and details on the vehicle history.
- Do I have to pay sales tax?
o No, because your transaction is between private individuals, you can avoid paying the taxes and fees you would normally pay at a dealership.
- What’s the best way to pay the seller?
o We suggest cash or cashier’s check only.
- What paperwork do I need to conduct the purchase?
o Here is a link to print a Bill of Sale and the printed paperwork is also available in our office lobby.
- Where do I need to go when I have the paperwork filled out?
o If you need suggestions or contact information for some nearby MVD or authorized third party MVD locations, please go to our About Us page for a list of choices or come in to our office and take the list with you.
- What if I need financing?
o If you need suggestions or contact information for some nearby lending institutions, please go to our Finance Resources page for a list of choices or come into our office and take the list with you.
- What if I have issues after the sale?
o Because something as simple as a missing signature on title paperwork can create an issue in the buying process (for example), we suggest you keep the sellers information for a while in case you need to reach them for any reason regarding paperwork or the vehicle itself. OPS is not involved in the sales transaction in any way.